우리들 이야기

Pastor's Column

직분자 선출에 대해 Upon the election of our ministers (03/03/24)

현재 우리교회는 19분의 청지기(6분의 장로님과 13분의 집사님)가 있습니다. 다른 교회에서는 ‘교회 직분자’라고 합니다.  나라와 문화를 초월해서 많은 교회들이 직분자 선출 때문에 갈등을 경험하거나 상처를 많이 받습니다. 우리교회는 가정교회 정신으로 섬기는 자가 더 섬기도록 직분을 주는 문화가 되어 있어서 정말 감사합니다. 금년에 세 분의 장로님들이 은퇴를 합니다.  보통은 생일이 되는 달에 은퇴를 하지만, 제가 부탁을 드려서 마지막 생일을 맞으시는 장로님이 은퇴하는 11월쯤에 같이 은퇴하시도록 했습니다. 몇 분이 이런 상황을 알고 질문과 요청을 하였습니다. ‘새 직분자들을 뽑아야 하지 않나요? 언제 뽑으실 겁니까?’ 저의 대답은 아직 제가 준비가 안 되었다고 했습니다. 그 이유는 제가 담임목사가 된지 1년 8개월 밖에 안 되었기 때문입니다. 

저는 직분자에 대해 두 가지를 봅니다. 참고 인내하며 잘 지내는 ‘인간관계’와 순종하고 약속을 지키는 ‘충성심’입니다. 실력이나 성품의 약점이 있어 실수 할 수가 있지만, 이 두가지는 가르쳐서 되지 않습니다. 제가 준비가 안 되었다는 뜻은, 우선 직분자를 세우려면 저와 함께 리더가 되어서 교회를 섬기기 위해 한 마음이 되는 것이 중요한데 짧은 기간에 형제 자매들의 섬김과 관계를 다 파악하지 못했기 때문입니다. 사실 많이 알았다고 생각했었는데, 더 시간을 보내고 보니, 어떤 분은 순종과 재능은 탁월한데 사람과의 관계에서 어려움을 겪습니다. 어떤 분은 너무 순수하고 착한데 참석해야 할 모임에 오지 않고 무언가 사역을 권해도 하지 않겠다고 합니다. 그래서 직분자 선출에 대한 제 생각은 첫째, 제가 직분자 후보가 될 사람을 충분히 파악하고, 그리고 정말 교회에 적절한 때라고 공감하면 언제든지 새 직분자를 훈련하고 세우려고 합니다. 그 때까지 인내하고 같이 기도해 주시기 바랍니다.  

Currently, our church has 19 stewards (6 elders and 13 deacons). Other churches call them 'church lay officers'. Regardless of nationality and culture, many may experience conflict and frustrations while electing church leaders. I appreciate our church culture of selecting those who serve in the House Church ministry mindset so that they may serve better. This year 3 of our elders are retiring. Normally, elders retire in their birthday month, however, I have asked elders to retire in November, at the same last birthday month of a retiring elder. Some asked and made recommendations because they know our current state. "Don't we need to elect new leaders? when are we going to elect them?" My answer was I was not ready yet. It’s because I have just been a senior pastor of the church for a year and 8 months. 

I see two qualifications for church leaders. One quality is 'relationship with others' while demonstrating patience and accepting others and the other quality is ‘ 'loyalty' to obey and keep up with promises. Some may lack skills, have weaknesses in their character, and make mistakes but those two qualifications can't be taught. What I mean by I am not ready yet is this- To elect a lay minister, it is important to become the leader of the church and unite in one to serve the church together with me but I didn't have enough time to know our church brothers and sisters inter-relationships and their service to the church. I thought I knew a lot but as I spend more time with the church family members, some have difficulty in relationships with others despite their excellent talent in obedience. Some are pure and kind in heart but they did not come to the required meeting and refused to serve in ministry even though I asked. So my opinion over electing new church lay ministers is to elect first when I know well about the candidate of a minister and then when it's the right time for the church. If these conditions are met, I will be happy to train and elect new ministers. Please be patient and pray together for that time with me.

댓글목록

Pastor's Column 바룩의 서재

NO 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
106 죽을 때 후회하는 다섯 가지(최영기목사 글 참조) The Top Five Regrets of Dying (04/… 웹섬김이 08:21 18
105 자기 개발을 합시다! Let's Do Self Development! (04/21/24) 웹섬김이 04-21 54
104 모든 민족을 위한 교회가 되려면 In Order to become a Church of All Nations (04/14/24) 웹섬김이 04-14 110
103 그래도 예수님 믿어야 합니다! Still, Must Believe Jesus! (04/07/24) 웹섬김이 04-07 110
102 다음 번 수요성령집회는 Next Wednesday’s Holy Spirit Service (03/31/24) 웹섬김이 04-01 128
101 3명의 목장 VIP 정하기 Choose 3 VIP for HC (03/24/24) 웹섬김이 03-24 128
100 한인만을 위한 교회? 다민족을 위한 교회? Church for only Koreans? Church for all nati… 웹섬김이 03-17 100
99 목장방문에 대해서 In Reference to HC visit (03/10/24) 웹섬김이 03-10 118
98 직분자 선출에 대해 Upon the election of our ministers (03/03/24) 웹섬김이 03-03 137
97 교회 일정들이 바뀔수 있습니다. There might be a change to Church calendar. (02/25/24) 웹섬김이 02-25 135
96 코칭에서 배운 것 Lesson learned from the coaching (02/18/24) 웹섬김이 02-18 145
95 지금부터 집중하는 세 가지 (Three things to focus, starting now) 2/11/24 웹섬김이 02-11 161
94 세족식의 의미 Meaning of maundy (02/04/24) 웹섬김이 02-05 117
93 평세로 섬기면 무슨 유익이 있나요? What is good to serve during HC Seminar for lay lead… 웹섬김이 01-29 154
92 평신도를 위한 가정교회 세미나를 섬깁시다. Let's Serve "HC Seminar for Lay lea… 웹섬김이 01-22 145
91 가정교회 미래를 생각하며 Reflection Upon the future of House Church (01/14/24) 웹섬김이 01-14 143